I Can Too
– a non-profit international organisation
dedicated to helping children with special needs.
I CAN TOO Foundation In Support Of Children With Special Needs
I CAN TOO Foundation is a charity organization dedicated to supporting children with special needs and their families. It was established in 2006 in Bulgaria as a private initiative by Nelly Radeva who has been living in Germany for twenty years and who is a true believer that anything in this world is аchievable.
The main idea of I CAN TOO is that everyone can join to support and contribute by whatever they CAN do best. Following this principle the organization established two therapeutic Centers in Bulgaria entirely by in-kind donations – one for children with special needs in Sofia and one for children with autism in Plovdiv.
In 2012 I CAN TOO was registered in the USA as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
I CAN TOO in partnership with the Renewables 100 Policy Institute launched the global movement – #LoveOurPlanetLoveOurKids #LOPLOK, raising awareness for the impact of climate change on children’s health. The initiative aims to inform the society and give solutions which counteract and slow-down climate change; to educate people to take daily actions that positively impact the environment.
In Bulgaria I CAN TOO helps more than 650 children with special needs and their families across the country and supports two therapeutic centers in Sofia – “Center for Hope” where 50 children with multiple disabilities receive daycare and rehabilitation and Louis Braille School for visually impaired children.
In 2018 I CAN TOO launched the initiative Plant A Tree, Save A Child, which every year gives life of hundreds of trees and raises awareness for the tree planting as a solution that counteracts climate change.
Over 400 international celebrities are faces of I CAN TOO and have been spreading awareness of its mission and operations worldwide.
Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to raise awareness of the impact of climate change on children’s health, and the urgency to address it.
Our goal is to inform the society about climate change and how this affects children’s health.
Our vision is to slow down climate change by educating people to take daily actions that positively impact the environment.
Nominations and Awards
Nomination for Organization of the Year – for contribution in support of human rights.
Nomination and award with a prize “Ambassador of I CAN TOO” for the performers Alex Raeva, Maria Ilieva, Krista and Victoria Terziyska from music band “Mastilo”, who became faces of the initiative, taking a stand as ambasodors of the good will, serving a positive role model in society;
Nelly Radeva – Founder and President of I CAN TOO was nominated for Woman of the Year 2009 in Charity category.
Award for Best Campaign for 2010 & Nomination for The Best Campaign of NGO for 2010
Forbes Bulgaria presents its first ranking of the most influential women in Bulgaria in 2012. The list includes 25 ladies who have made a real impact with their work in Bulgaria.
Nelly Radeva – Founder and President of I CAN TOO was nominated for Woman of the Year 2014 in Society category.
Award for Cause-Related Marketing Campaign for the initiative Wear I CAN TOO T-shirt To Help Children In Need. Award for Cause-Related Marketing Campaign for the initiative Wear I CAN TOO T-shirt To Help Children In Need.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
— DAVID BROWER
Achievements and Results
- Reach of more than 2M people through social initiatives, media events and outdoor advertising;
- Over 750 cultural events: concerts, music festivals, expos over the years;
- Over 20 projects: for accessible environment for people with disabilities; promoting the need for establishing therapeutic centers, etc.; initiating the development of a special yoga methodology for therapy of children with autism;
- Two established therapeutic Centers for children with special needs;
- Support for more than 650 children with special needs and their families and two existing therapeutic centers;
- Implementation of therapeutic successful practices in Bulgaria for autistic children and inviting recognised experts aiming at transferring of know-how and trainings of professionals;
- Over 400 Bulgarian and international public figures, socially responsible companies and individual supporters are ambassadors of I CAN TOO promoting its mission worldwide.
- Growing volunteer network of over 100 people in Bulgaria and worldwide;
- Strong support from over 450 partners from different businesses, media, sport, governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Increasing the number of the charity organizations with a mission similar to the one of I CAN TOO;
- For the past 15 years I CAN TOO won various awards and was nominated by prestigious organizations for its activities.
- Presenting I CAN TOO’s mission, knowledge and impact to Universities and entrepreneurial organisations;
- More than 150 interns worked at I CAN TOO. Inspired by our mission and values, many of them have their final papers/thesis at the University about I CAN TOO;
- More than 250 students volunteered for I CAN TOO during their summer break. They organised their own initiatives and fundraising events in support of I CAN TOO (Students volunteers for I CAN TOO during their summer break with their own initiatives and fundraising events in support of I CAN TOO).
- In the USA, I CAN TOO is registered as an 501(c)3 nonprofit organization:
- – Raising awareness of the problem of the children with special needs and fundraising;
- – Attracting and uniting the Bulgarian communities throughout the States to support I CAN TOO Foundation;
- – Attracting American celebrities and public figures to support our causes by becoming faces, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Implementation of activities and initiatives in Germany aimed at raising awareness of the problems of children with special needs.
6 Kliment Ohridski Str.
+359 888 426679